Ever wonder what people notice first when they visit your blog? Most of my readers are also bloggers, so I check out their blogs if they leave a link. Here are the first things I notice when I visit a new blog:
- Layout: I love a nice easy to navigate layout. Blog readers like something simple, that can lead them to several pages with ease. I also love a plain white background. When you are reading an article, nothing is distracting more than a loud, colorful background. Also, I can speak for most of us readers when I say to make your font size normal. I won't read your posts if I have to strain my eyes.
- Content: Chances are i'm not going to look at a blog for very long if it's based around something i'm not interested in or if the content is just like every other blog out there(lookbook photos, beauty reviews, makeup tutorials etc.). I read quality content that's different and the writer uses their own voice.
- Reader Comments: Before I leave a comment on someone's post I always make sure to read the previous comments so I don't post the same thing as someone else. It's also nice to see the blogger responding to their readers comments, I think it's important for all bloggers to stay connected with their readers as much as possible.
- Popular Posts: Usually if other people like them, I will too. So I like to read your most popular posts to see what the buzz is about.
- About Me page: It's an easy way for the readers to learn more about the blogger, it's usually the last thing I look at but it's very important.