Skip to main content

Taking that leap of faith



Fear is one thing that keeps us from following our dreams. Conquer self doubt and fear and you can take on the world. 

One of the scariest things I have ever done was moving from my hometown into a bigger city. I know it sounds silly because it was only a 45 minute move but I had never lived away from my family or childhood friends.I had lived in that small town my whole entire life. I didn't know anyone in the bigger city we were moving to. I had my mom and friends helping me babysit  and doing things for the boys when I needed them to. I didn't know anyone in our new city that would help me with the kids and I would have to start all over and make new friends. But it was the best decision I ever made. There are so many more opportunities here for me and my family. I found a job within a month of moving here and I have made so many new incredible friends.

The next step I plan on taking is following my dream of going to cosmetology school. I have always been good at doing makeup and hair so I know I would be very successful at owning my own salon.
I still have so many negative thoughts and  fears of failure but I cancel those thoughts out with positive thoughts. I would have rather followed my dreams and fail, than to live in fear of failure and always wonder what if.

Recently my mom and friends have been pushing me to compete in the Mrs. Kentucky pageant. So I went on their website and filled out the application, submitted my picture. About a month later, I got an email that I was chosen to represent Somerset/Pulaski County in the pageant! You can imagine how excited I was.  I love doing pageants! When I was a teenager I basically eat, slept and breathed pageants. My husband  is super supportive of me competing in the Mrs. Kentucky pageant but honestly with all the things we have going on in our life right now, we don't have the time or money to compete this year. But, next year I will defiantly be competing. I am going to save up as much money as possible to work towards this.  Yes, I do have a fear of not winning but even if I don't win, it is still an honor to be chosen to compete in the Mrs. Kentucky pageant.


Don't let fear our doubt, stop you from going for your dreams. Just ask your self, If I do go for my dreams whats the worst that could happen? If you fail, at least you went for it and you learned from your mistakes. So next time you try, you will be more successful. Life is too short, so shoot for the stars!


-Summer



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Pinterest Inspired Summer Hairstyles

Every time I need a little inspiration, I get on Pinterest. I love these hot weather hairstyles that I recently discovered while pinning. I hardly ever wear my hair down in the summer, my hair is really long, thick and black so you can imagine how hot it is. So i'm always looking to try new hairstyles to sport in the summer months, these are my favorite pins for summer hair. Click on photo's for links to original website. Check out my pinterest boards and follow me here What are your favorite Pinterest inspired looks? Do you look at Pinterest for hair, makeup or fashion looks?

Bare Minerals Beauty and the Beach Review

Last week I cashed in my beauty points on Sephora.com for this lovely sample set by bare minerals. The set is called Beauty and the Beach and it includes 5 pieces for a summer look. The set included marvelous moxie lip gloss in party starter, ready bronzer in the skinny dip, bare minerals ready blush in the natural high, all over face color in pure radiance and a sample of their lash domination mascara . So here is my take on the set: Here it is ladies! Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Party Starter- this is a darker, coral and peach color. It was very sticky but it lasted for a few hours. It matched the blush perfectly. Ready Blush in The Natural High : This blush is a nice peachy pink color, it looks really shimmery in the package but looks more matte when applied. I loved that the color matched the gloss! Ready Bronzer in The Skinny Dip- I used this to contour and sculpt my face and it turned out beautiful. It matched my skin tone very nicely. Its very similar to t

Best Fragrances of 2017

I am such a Perfume junkie. I change fragrances with clothes, moods, seasons and events. I've always felt like Perfume is a luxury that women should spoil their selves with. I love giving perfumes to my friends, family, co-workers, neighbors(you get the picture). And my favorite gift is always perfume(hint-hint)! Every department store visit, I head to the fragrance counter before I check out anything else to see what's new(Yes fragrance  girl, you can give me a spritz).  Ok, now that  you get the idea of how deep my relationship with perfume is.  2017 has been a great year for the fragrance industry. I thought long and hard and I really can't remember trying a scent that I didn't like. From new releases from beloved favorite brands, Gucci Bloom, Victor & Rolf Magic, Tom Ford Oud Minerale to new fragrences from Diptyque Eau des Sens, Jo Malone London Jade Leaf Tea Cologne, and Atelier Cologne Café Tuberosa.  It was a struggle to find my top 5 favorite scent