Skip to main content

Lancome Review


Spring has finally arrived!
I don't know about you but I start looking forward to Spring as soon as Christmas is over.
There's nothing that makes me happier than sunshine, flowers blooming and perfect 75 degree weather.
As warmer weather arrives we ditch our bulky sweaters, heavy boots, and hues of reds and browns for breezy blouses, floral prints and brighter shades of corals and pinks.
Also as the seasons change, us beauty girls look forward to  new collections from Mac, Urban Decay, Stilla, Clinique and everywhere in between.
As you know, I am a skin care junkie.
I am a firm believer that the only way to perfect a makeup look is to perfect your skin.  I was on the verge of running out of serum when I received an e-mail from Influenster that I was receiving a box from Lancome Paris. Strange, since seconds before that I had just added Lancome's Genifique Serum to my shopping cart on Sephora. The stars must have perfectly aligned in my favor! Needless to say I was very very excited to try out these new goods from my beloved Lancome!


The Box
Not only did I recieve 1 item from Lancome, but I recieved 4!!!



I am not a fan of full coverage foundation.  However I do love a good tinted moisturizer or sheer foundation. I believe that if you take care of your skin, then why cover it?
The people at Lancome get me.
I knew I would love this product as soon as I seen it. A skin tint with SPF 23 that also gives a healthy glow? 
I have a very warm, honey olive mix undertone while also being darker than your typical beige shade range so it is hard to find a foundation that matches my skin perfect. 
I also have a dry texture to my skin to I stay away from super matte foundations. 
The shade I was given was 04N Golden Sand. This shade matched my skin color 100%! The only other companies that have a foundation that match my skin this close is Nars, Mac, and Fenty!
I used a brush when applying and it glided on like a dream. I used very little since I go for a more natural sheer look but I learned while using this product that the more you apply, you can actually get a full coverage foundation. 
The foundation lasted all day and blended well in a contour! 
Lancome now has a life long customer here!


I am so over matte lips. 
I haven't bought a matte lipstick in over a year now. I was so over matte lips long before the trend ended. 
But I have been buying creamy lipsticks and glosses like crazy. 
I've tried lip plumping products in the past but I never was a big fan. I have always liked the size of my lips and I don't feel like they need to be bigger. Too big of lips can almost look clownish. We all know that one lady who has a permenant duck-face from too many lip augmentations!  However, I don't hate the plumping effect in this gloss. It does not make your lips/mouth appear any bigger but it makes your lips look just a tad but fuller. 
I love the color of this gloss! Alone it gives your lips a pinkish sparkly sheen but over lipstick it makes your lips really stand out. It doesn't make your lips feel sticky or goopy after wearing it for awhile either. For a lip gloss, it's very long lasting. I only had to reapply it after eating. I am very curious and can't wait to try more colors in this line. 
This has to be one of the most popular products from Lancome. If you're a woman over 30, chances are you've heard of or tried Genefique. As I mentioned before I had this in my cart until I got the email from Influenster that I was actually going to get a bottle of this. 
The bottle design is absolutely genius. 
The lid comes off as a dropper so that you can measure out the exact ammount you want to apply. I love this feature because I do not use a serum all over my face but instead I only apply it to problem areas. 
Initially it does give a little tingling sensation, nothing over whelming. It dries and soaks into the skin pretty fast after applying it. After about 9 days of use I did notice a difference in my crows feet, they were not as noticeable as before using. 
This is going into my beauty must have's and all time facorites file!


First off, the smell of this product is heavenly! It's a little perfumy but nothing too over powering that anyone else would notice. But, I am a person who is big on fragrance and I will throw a product away if I do not like the scent. 
This is so unlike any other moisturizer on the market. It is very thick and not watered down any at all. Which is great, at least you are getting what you paid for. 
It also claims to remove dark spots which I don't have any(yet), but it does noticeably reduce the appearance of dark circles immediately after applying, which is a win in itself!
This product does make my skin much softer and smoother. I use it along with the Genefique serum and after 9 days of use I noticed a total transformation on my skin all together. Reduced dark circles, smoother/softer skin, less visible crows feet and a big reduction in my smile lines.




Over all, I was over the moon happy with all of my new Lancome products! 
I can honestly say that I will be purchasing each and every one of these items. I get a lot of products through various company's and through Influenster complimentary for me to test and give my honest opinion of. So it's not a stretch to say that I've tried hundreds of items. 
But, it is with my honest and very happy skin appearance's opinion that this Lancome VoxBox has been my favorite yet!

I am dying to hear your thoughts and opinions on the products I talked about! 

And if you would be interested in becoming a product tester through Influenster and receive free items for a review I will add the link here to join!

*I recieved all of these products for free for testing purposes. All opinons are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Pinterest Inspired Summer Hairstyles

Every time I need a little inspiration, I get on Pinterest. I love these hot weather hairstyles that I recently discovered while pinning. I hardly ever wear my hair down in the summer, my hair is really long, thick and black so you can imagine how hot it is. So i'm always looking to try new hairstyles to sport in the summer months, these are my favorite pins for summer hair. Click on photo's for links to original website. Check out my pinterest boards and follow me here What are your favorite Pinterest inspired looks? Do you look at Pinterest for hair, makeup or fashion looks?

Bare Minerals Beauty and the Beach Review

Last week I cashed in my beauty points on Sephora.com for this lovely sample set by bare minerals. The set is called Beauty and the Beach and it includes 5 pieces for a summer look. The set included marvelous moxie lip gloss in party starter, ready bronzer in the skinny dip, bare minerals ready blush in the natural high, all over face color in pure radiance and a sample of their lash domination mascara . So here is my take on the set: Here it is ladies! Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Party Starter- this is a darker, coral and peach color. It was very sticky but it lasted for a few hours. It matched the blush perfectly. Ready Blush in The Natural High : This blush is a nice peachy pink color, it looks really shimmery in the package but looks more matte when applied. I loved that the color matched the gloss! Ready Bronzer in The Skinny Dip- I used this to contour and sculpt my face and it turned out beautiful. It matched my skin tone very nicely. Its very similar to t

Best Fragrances of 2017

I am such a Perfume junkie. I change fragrances with clothes, moods, seasons and events. I've always felt like Perfume is a luxury that women should spoil their selves with. I love giving perfumes to my friends, family, co-workers, neighbors(you get the picture). And my favorite gift is always perfume(hint-hint)! Every department store visit, I head to the fragrance counter before I check out anything else to see what's new(Yes fragrance  girl, you can give me a spritz).  Ok, now that  you get the idea of how deep my relationship with perfume is.  2017 has been a great year for the fragrance industry. I thought long and hard and I really can't remember trying a scent that I didn't like. From new releases from beloved favorite brands, Gucci Bloom, Victor & Rolf Magic, Tom Ford Oud Minerale to new fragrences from Diptyque Eau des Sens, Jo Malone London Jade Leaf Tea Cologne, and Atelier Cologne CafĂ© Tuberosa.  It was a struggle to find my top 5 favorite scent