Skip to main content

Charm Vox Box from Influenster

I am so devoted to Influenster for so many reasons.
Mainly because it's the first company that believed in me. I love reviewing the products they send me every month from L'Oreal Paris. But, I also love surprises and I was so excited to receive this Spring inspired goodie box.
I was one of several influensters who received the Charm Vox Box. This box is for mom's only, as it is filled with surprises for my little ones as well.
Included in the Charm Vox Box is:

  • Clean it up Shampoo by Eva NYC
  • Therapy Session Hair Mask by Eva NYC
  • Peeps Delights(coconut&dark chocolate)
  • McCormick Organic Taco Seasoning
  • Mott's Applesauce
  • 1 step Wonder Gel nail polish by Wet n Wild in the color Peri-wink-le of an eye
  • 2 samples of Vera Wang Embrace perfumes, Periwinkle & Iris and Green Tea & Pear Blossom
I honestly had to giggle upon going through these products because wow, what a random assortment?
I had to ask myself, how am I going to review taco Seasoning and nail polish? After all, I am a beauty influencer not a food critic. So here are my thoughts on the products, beauty first(of course).


Clean it up Shampoo and Therapy Session Hair Mask by Eva NYC:
I had heard of this brand through last years Beauty Con but had never tried them. I was a little disappointed that Influenster only sent sample sized products of these. I have super thick and long hair so I used both of them the first time.
As for the shampoo, it smells great and did it's job as a shampoo. It's supposed to nourish and revitalize hair plus strengthen it with it's Keravis Protein complex. I really didn't notice any change. Maybe if they had of sent more product for more uses I could've been able to tell a difference.
The hair mask promised the same as the shampoo. It had a very lovely smell as well. But since they sent so little product I still remain neutral because I didn't notice any difference in my hair.
I would have to give the Shampoo and Hair Mask a 3 out of 5 star rating.


Peeps Delights in Coconut and Dark Chocolate:
I really really dislike peeps. I'm not sure if it's the texture or what, but I've never liked these cute little marshmallows. I also hate coconut, but I do love dark chocolate so I thought I would give it a go.
The overwhelming coconut flavor with sugary marshmallow is not a good combination. So I gave one each to my sons to try and they spit them out.
To the Peeps makers, this was just a bad idea.
I would give this product 1 out of 5 stars.


McCormick Organic Taco Seasoning:
Taco Tuesday, anyone? Actually I made taco soup with this and as usual, it was delish.
Let me know if you want the recipe!
I would have to give this 5 out of 5 stars.


Mott's Applesauce:
I actually buy these applesauce to go packets for the kids all the time just in another brand. But my youngest eat it in about 30 seconds.
So Jameson gives this 5 out of 5 stars.


Vera Wang Embrace Perfumes:
Periwinkle&Iris: Very fresh, clean and appropriate for March. A great mix of floral and sweets. I spritzed it on and loved it. I would actually recommend this for a great mother's day gift.
I would give this 5 out of 5 stars.
Green Tea& Pear Blossom: Another mix of floral with an earthy vibe. This honestly smelled like a candle wax warmer that I have so I couldn't bring myself to wear it as a perfume.
So I would have to give this 2 out of 5 stars.



1step Wonder Gel nailpolish by Wet n Wild:
Never in a million years would I choose this color of blue for my nails. I am a neutral girl all the way when it comes to nails. Blacks, greys, whites, nudes and a few pinks, is what my nail collection consists of. I was curious of the product so I thought i'd try something new and give it a try.
It did stay longer than regular nail polish, I noticed it started chipping off after 4 days of wear. It stays super glossy/shiny throughout so I was very impressed by that itself. I would love to try this product again, just in a shade that's more me.
I would have to give this polish 5 out of 5 stars.

So this is my take on this months box from Influenster. I love working with influenster and being a beauty influencer! They have been so good to me. If you are interested in becoming a product tester and reviewer, sign up through me on Influenster.com and be entered in a contest to win next month's voxbox!
Let me know what your take is on the Charm Vox Box and if you sign up to be a product tester!!!
xo-Summer

*Disclosure: I received all the product(s) complimentary/free to test and/or review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Pinterest Inspired Summer Hairstyles

Every time I need a little inspiration, I get on Pinterest. I love these hot weather hairstyles that I recently discovered while pinning. I hardly ever wear my hair down in the summer, my hair is really long, thick and black so you can imagine how hot it is. So i'm always looking to try new hairstyles to sport in the summer months, these are my favorite pins for summer hair. Click on photo's for links to original website. Check out my pinterest boards and follow me here What are your favorite Pinterest inspired looks? Do you look at Pinterest for hair, makeup or fashion looks?

Bare Minerals Beauty and the Beach Review

Last week I cashed in my beauty points on Sephora.com for this lovely sample set by bare minerals. The set is called Beauty and the Beach and it includes 5 pieces for a summer look. The set included marvelous moxie lip gloss in party starter, ready bronzer in the skinny dip, bare minerals ready blush in the natural high, all over face color in pure radiance and a sample of their lash domination mascara . So here is my take on the set: Here it is ladies! Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in Party Starter- this is a darker, coral and peach color. It was very sticky but it lasted for a few hours. It matched the blush perfectly. Ready Blush in The Natural High : This blush is a nice peachy pink color, it looks really shimmery in the package but looks more matte when applied. I loved that the color matched the gloss! Ready Bronzer in The Skinny Dip- I used this to contour and sculpt my face and it turned out beautiful. It matched my skin tone very nicely. Its very similar to t

Best Fragrances of 2017

I am such a Perfume junkie. I change fragrances with clothes, moods, seasons and events. I've always felt like Perfume is a luxury that women should spoil their selves with. I love giving perfumes to my friends, family, co-workers, neighbors(you get the picture). And my favorite gift is always perfume(hint-hint)! Every department store visit, I head to the fragrance counter before I check out anything else to see what's new(Yes fragrance  girl, you can give me a spritz).  Ok, now that  you get the idea of how deep my relationship with perfume is.  2017 has been a great year for the fragrance industry. I thought long and hard and I really can't remember trying a scent that I didn't like. From new releases from beloved favorite brands, Gucci Bloom, Victor & Rolf Magic, Tom Ford Oud Minerale to new fragrences from Diptyque Eau des Sens, Jo Malone London Jade Leaf Tea Cologne, and Atelier Cologne CafĂ© Tuberosa.  It was a struggle to find my top 5 favorite scent